Sunday, December 12, 2010

and the ESPY goes to...

When I decided the 2009 SARPBC ESPY, I had to balance the best play with degree of difficulty. For example, last year's "A" was visually impressive and an amazing goal, but wasn't really that hard to execute--I've made similar plays a bunch of times. While last year's Save, was really one of a kind.

- - -

This year's voting committee was sure that with all the choices, I couldn't give it to another Save, no matter how great it was. But my independent vote thought it deserved 3rd place this year.

I thought the premonition was really cool, and was my second favorite. Although you don't get to see how many times I tried to do that and missed the ball completely.

My personal favorite play of 2010 was actually...From The Corner. Based on degree of difficutly, this is by far the hardest to replicate, and was one that was actually dependent on my choice of car model. And yes, Mark, I was trying to make a play on the ball. From that angle, you're not sure the ball will go in the net, you're just trying to center it up, but yes that was the ideal result.

But I suppose the ESPY's are the awards where the fans vote, and I guess the tribes have spoken. The 2010 ESPY goes to the Ricochet.

1 comment: