Thursday, November 04, 2010

vote for the supersonic ESPY play of the year

The 2009 Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Car ESPY went to "The Save."

Who will win this year? There are 7 nominees for 2010:

"The Ricochet" Self-explanatory.


"The Maradona" This was a coast-to-coast goal that included hurdling an opponent in the beginning.


"From the Corner" The ball is sinking away from the goal, I'm driving directly into the corner and get a tip at an angle that doesn't seem possible.


"The Assist" This is the first goal highlight where I didn't score. I push it up the flank, evade the opposition and center it for a teammate. It's even cooler if you imagine this as a real soccer field--I kept it in bounds the whole time.


"The Racquetball Goal" This was one that I was trying to get for a while. I played it hard off my own back wall and it went in without anyone touching it--though I did have to clear a path.


"The Save II" Off a kickoff, I did the only thing I could do.


"The Premonition" I'm the red car that scores this goal off the kickoff. I jumped into the perfect spot before anyone touches the ball.

2 comments:

  1. i think the ricochet is the best. unless i'm seeing this wrong, you forced a guy to score an own goal. very impressive.

    jumping over the guy in the maradonna was good, but not taking the top spot.

    from the corner would be the winner if i was convinced that was what you were intending when you went for the ball. i call this goal "impossible".

    the assist was good, but would never have happened if it weren't for the piss-poor defense. sorry, but to be the best, you have to beat the best.

    the racquetball goal was good, but again, it didn't seem like the defense was even trying.

    i REALLY liked the save II. saving a goal is just as good as scoring one. number 2 behind the ricochet. i just love that you "embarrassed" the defense in the ricochet. you put a clown suit on that guy.

    i think the premonition gets third place in my espy SARPBC voting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mark nailed it on all of these, though I watched the videos and came up with my choice before reading his. I also picked the ricochet as my top pick. Also agree that the save II is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete