Monday, November 15, 2010

back to school

(warning: possibly TMI)

It actually was a great weekend.

It was nice to go back to Memorial Stadium for the first time since as a student. And it was nice to be up 10 with 8 minutes to go. Of course, it was unfortunate that Minnesota came back and won in the last minute. But hey, you can't have a more traditional Illini experience than watching them lose a Big Ten game in crushing fashion.

Also, the 3-in-1 halftime show without the Chief is unequivocally boring. They need to do something about that. You can't just erase the best part of the show and not add anything to replace it.

I did get a fantastic pulled pork sandwich at the game for $5. Impressive that I could find good stadium food that's cheaper than I could get for lunch in Oak Park/Chicago.

Though I wasn't really sure if I should get it or not. Since I was still suffering from what we're calling "a stomach flu." Friday night at 9 pm, when everyone had arrived and was ready to start the party, I'm curled up in our hotel bed with the following symptoms: diarrhea, nausea, fever, feeling severely cold, vomiting, headache and overall weakness. So that was fun.

Still not back to 100%. When we were throwing the football on the Quad on Sunday, I wanted to run pass routes but didn't have the energy.

Did I mention that I had to stop at 3 toilets during the 2.5 hour car ride on the way there?

Needless to say, I didn't finish either night with a Long Island and a Magic Pizza.

After the Illini's close loss, I was looking forward to watching the Chiefs-Broncos, since it was going to be on CBS in Chicago. After leaving Champaign, we arrived in Oak Park about 4pm. Sure enough I walked in and had only missed the first 20 minutes of the game. Awesome. The score? 28-0. Gah!

The good news about giving up 3 touchdowns in the first quarter is you have time to come back. So I watched the Chiefs drive down the field in to the red zone--where Cassel got sacked, fumbled, and was returned for a Broncos TD. 35-0. Good thing I wasn't at that game.

Also, good that my fantasy team got blown out, because the -10 points the Chiefs D gave me would have stung more in a close game.

All of that, and it actually was a really fun weekend. Oh yeah, Missy spoke gibberish for 2 minutes straight and last night we found a mouse in our house.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that Chiefs game was crazy! My terrible fantasy streak continues...this year has been frustrating.

    Did Rocky find the mouse? If so, did he chase it around but not attack it? :)

    I forgot again to give you guys the rally towel when we got back :(

    ReplyDelete