Friday, May 27, 2011

nba finals thoughts: part 1

I don't have TV and I haven't read anything yet. There seems to be a few obvious thoughts here so I'm sure that I'll reiterate what someone else said or will say.

Good matchup.

If you're a Dallas fan, you have to be thinking about the last time Dirk & Co. got to the finals, got up 2-0, and then lost the next four games. Where Dwayne Wade got all the calls, deserved or not.

If you're a Miami fan, just kidding, I know there aren't any.

If you're a Cleveland fan, you've already blown your brains out.

So we've got a Big Two + Bosh on one side and Mark Cuban. Most interesting owner vs most interesting stars.

Either Dirk or LeBron will win their first title. I think that's nice. Always fun to see stars who have been chasing a title for years finally get one.

I made a bet with Mark before the season started that Miami would win it all. He took the field. We shook on it. We never came up with stakes and at this point it wouldn't be fair. When Miami wins, I'll probably just make a post titled Mark Blows.

Despite my prognostication, I think it would be better for the league if Dallas wins. After the Boston Big 4 title, if they Heat win it will only exacerbate the trend of stars jumping to select teams. But even if Dallas wins, the model still worked and I expect the trend to continue.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about that bet. Too bad we didn't come up with the stakes.

    ReplyDelete