Thursday, October 16, 2014

On October 25, I'll be landing in Kansas City at 5:41pm Central Time.
On October 25, the Kansas City Royals will be playing Game 4 of the World Series, in San Francisco, at 7:07pm Central Time.

This trip was booked back in early August. Now it's just hard to believe.

For what it's worth, Game 5 (if necessary) begins at 6:07 Mountain Time. I'm supposed to land at 7:10 Mountain Time. By the time I get home and put the kids to bed the game could be over, or in the late innings.

Of course, none of that matters if the Royals sweep the Giants and the only 24 hours that I'm in Kansas City this year (and the first time since 2011) coincides with the city's first major championship since 1985.

2 comments:

  1. You know, it's going to be real ironic if the first sports team that you're "supposed" to root for (Chiefs, football and basketball Illini, Avalanche, and Royals, plus fantasy) to win the championship is the Royals, the team you stopped rooting for first. Although the Avs did win in your lifetime, but before your westward migration.

    Did you ever root for the Bulls or Blackhawks while living in Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, none of the Chicago teams ever felt right. I saw the White Sox win, I saw the Blackhawks win, but it didn't do anything for me.

      The closest I've ever been was Illinois '05.

      What if the Royals kick off a championship run for me...like the Red Sox did for Simmons? Illinois basektball and the Avs could both contend in the next five years.

      Delete