Sunday, October 05, 2014

Hoagie Central on The Royals

In 2007, I gave the Royals a chance.

"if they ever make the World Series, at least I could say that I never followed another team."

I even live-blogged opening day.

13 games in, they were the worst team in the league.

In July I was hoping they would not finish last in the division. (They would.)

In 2008, they were winning their division (in the first week) (They finished 4th)

And last year, they started 17-11.

A few weeks ago, I was preparing to jump on the bandwagon.

I remember back in 2007, I found the blog Royals Review. They were getting over 100 comments per blog post when they were last in the division. Those fans are loyal to the point of insanity. I am not one of them.

But right now they are up 5-1 in the 3rd with their ace on the mound, with a 2-0 series lead over the best team in baseball. For those fans that were commenting back in 2007 on a hopeless team, I can only imagine what that feels like.

- - -

It's kind of crazy that I have no memories of the Chiefs winning a playoff game, but now I've seen the Royals have one of the best comebacks to knock off the A's, and then two more road extra-inning wins over the Angels. Who knew the Royals would have been the better stock to get in on if you wanted to see Kansas City playoff victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment