Tuesday, October 14, 2014

State of Sports

The Chiefs are 2-3. They're a middle of the pack NFL team and will finish behind the Chargers and Broncos. But nothing that happens this season can take away the incredible Monday Night Football win over the Patriots. I'll be at the Chiefs-Rams game in two weeks which looks winnable. And despite being two games behind the Lions, if I know the Lions, the burger bet is still up for grabs.

The Avalanche are 1-2, getting their first goal of the season in their first win of the season. New Av Briere scored the GWG at with .5 seconds left in the game.

The Royals are up 2-0 in the ALCS, which just feels strange to type. In fact, it's possible that the Royals could win the World Series during the 24 hours we'll be in Kansas City (though it would be a sweep and it would be on the road). In three weeks, I won't be a Royals fan anymore. But man, this is fun.

Illinois Football is a dumpster fire. Beckman is a dead man walking. In Lunt and Bailey, we have two of the best quarterbacks in the conference, and we still can't win a game. This team is bad and will be bad for a while. 

Illinois Basketball though, is on the rise. I've already predicted I expect this team to reach the Final Four in the next five years.

Tasty Salted Pig Parts is 6-0. I'm 5th out of 12th in points scored, but have a 3 game lead in my division. A 2-4 teams has scored more points than me. I drafted the best QB, but picked up the 3rd best TE and 4th best DST on the waiver wire. My most disappointing player is Lacy, my first round pick. But he was still a better pick than Peterson. A 1 vs 4 matchup with Mark is not out of the question. 

Super Bowl Choke Job is 4-2. I'm currently 4th in standings, but 2nd in points scored. 4 teams make the playoffs, so I'm still sitting pretty. I have Gordon stashed, so I feel even better about my chances of making the Super Bowl in this league. 

In Calcutta, I invested in the Packers and Patriots and they are both leading their divisions. Surprisingly, the Panthers, Cardinals and Cowboys are also leading their divisions and the Bills could make the playoffs as well.

To sum up, things are going quite well. Everything has some hope, except for Illinois Football.

1 comment:

  1. The Lions are going to win the burger bet by 3 games, I predict.

    The Avs will miss the playoffs, but just barely. They will still finish well above .500.

    The Royals are ridiculous. Can they sweep the 2014 playoffs? Seriously.

    I don't pay any attention to college football, partially because Illinois football is a "dumpster fire".

    Illinois basketball is unranked to start the season and that's fine with me. I still follow them and root for them and Bruce Weber. I'd love to have a reunion at the final four and buy some undergrads a bucket of beer.

    TSPP going 6-0 is the biggest surprise of all the teams in this post. I'm expecting them to lose 2 games, and then go out in disappointing fashion in the single elimination playoffs.

    Super Bowl Choke Job can win the league as far as I care.

    Prediction: Hoagie Central will not break even in Calcutta.

    ReplyDelete