Sunday, December 08, 2019

Cast-Iron Rolls



Saturday was a double bread in cast-iron kind of day. 

As I mentioned recently, this recipe is actually why I purchased this pan way back in 2010. And I think I made the rolls in it once and didn't use the pan again for 7 years. 

I figured since I use the pan so much now and our whole family loves the rolls so much, that I should go ahead and see what it's like when you combine them. 

I also was in the mood to mix things up. So I skipped the rosemary and instead made a cinnamon honey butter in the style of Texas Roadhouse to serve with it. 


I told Brit it was in the style of Texas Roadhouse, and the first thing she said just by looking at it, was that I needed to whip it. And sure enough, that's the one thing that I didn't do in the recipe. I just didn't feel like getting out the hand mixer so I just folded it together by hand. The result was a thicker texture, more buttery than airy. Tasted great.

The rolls turn out great, but this is the first recipe where you don't really need the cast-iron pan. Some people might live for the pull apart form factor, but I think the quality is about the same as a normal sheet pan. Just as well, because on holidays I make 36 on two cookie sheets and this pan only fits 12.

Kind of ironic that the one recipe I thought I needed this pan for is the one recipe I actually don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment