Monday, December 16, 2019

The Best Seasonal Foods

Fall
Caramel Apples

Winter: Pre-Christmas
Peppermint Bark

Winter: Post-Christmas
Hickory Farms Summer Sausage

- - -

Where I live, they only sell caramel apples in the fall. This year, our family ate 50+.

As soon as peppermint bark appears in stores, I buy some for myself.

And then Christmas week, either I get Hickory Farms summer sausage as I gift...or I go out and buy it myself. I went to the mall in Denver the day or two after Christmas and the Hickory Farms kiosk was 60% off. Truly a reason to be thankful.

- - -

I thought about hot dogs and beer or grilled burgers for the summer, but you can get those year-round. The three foods above, you literally can't get them any other time. Same for wings and tacos.

Maybe the only other thing would be Reese's trees/eggs/pumpkins, but I don't think they make the same list up top.

What other seasonal foods am I missing?





No comments:

Post a Comment