Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sports Calendar II

So I already made a list of what how the holidays should line up with sporting events, but now I'm thinking more just about the sports that I watch throughout the year.

The Sports Year really does start with the beginning of football season. Going from September to January, it's a beautiful thing. Once the Super Bowl is over, I can easily transition into College Basketball. The conference tournaments get going in February and March has plenty of Madness.

If I were a baseball fan, it would be perfect timing to get into baseball - long enough to get me back to football season. But I'm not. So from April to August is the off-season. Sure there's the NBA playoffs, and NHL playoffs too, but it's merely a distraction.

But the good news is it's August. The preseason has started. My fantasy teams are drafted. And I'm ready for some football.

1 comment:

  1. The problem is, we're all pumped for football, but we still have two weeks until the season starts, but I saw some preseason game and it got me excited (in that way). I guess I had to move to Israel to get excited for a preseason game. These people and their own version of "football". What a crock of sh!t.

    ReplyDelete