Friday, October 24, 2008

one way to make a name for yourself

This really has nothing to do with the election, it's just a sad state of how desperate people can get. I saw the story first on Drudge Report, and sure enough later it was on Fox News main page and on the CNN Politics page. The CNN story led me to http://sarahsarmy.blogspot.com/ where I found this:


Ashley Todd became a hot name. In the top ten of Google Trends:


Her twitter feed was found, with before and after tweets:


She got the attention that she wanted:


But then the truth came out. And this probably wasn't what she was going for:


Which led to some funny comments (although my favorite is still the exchange from Jay and M above):


To reiterate this means nothing for McCain or Obama. I'm not going to try and make a connection, that this is a metaphor for the McCain campaign or anything. I just can't help but think how sad it is, that someone thought they could make up something like this. And if she really does have psychological issues, I do feel bad for her. But next time you carve yourself in the mirror, don't make it a backwards B.

No comments:

Post a Comment