Friday, November 21, 2008

Construda Draft Analysis

With only 3 weeks left in the regular fantasy season, I look back at my draft.

Round 1: Addai
6th RB taken / currently 26th in RB scoring

Round 2: Big Ben
6th QB taken / 27th in QB scoring (based on average to not give advantage for already playing in week 12)

Round 3: Colston
7th WR taken / 80th in WR scoring (was injured, now just underperforming)

Round 4: Welker
12th WR taken / 28th in WR scoring (no longer on team)

Round 5: Thomas Jones
22nd RB taken / 7th in RB scoring (after I got Slaton I tried to trade him, ended up dropping him before he really took off, so this might be the worst one yet)

Round 6: Selvin Young
23rd RB taken / 68th in RB scoring

Round 7-10: Cotchery, Scheffler, Packers, Gage: all no longer on my team

Round 11: Forte
33rd RB taken / 8th in RB scoring
Forte was my only good draft pick. It's amazing I'm 5-5. The team I drafted was terrible. The funny thing is I still think I have a shot at winning this thing.

Hindsight is 20/20 Drafting Results

If I had a time machine, this would be the perfect drafted team, based on what was available in our draft at my 7th pick.

In parenthesis is their current scoring ranking at their position.

Round 1: Portis RB (1st)
Round 2: Fitzgerald WR (2nd)
Round 3: Michael Turner RB (4th)
Round 4: Calvin Johnson WR (4th)
Round 5: Boldin WR (1st)
Round 6: Bucs D (1st)
Round 7: Roddy White WR (3rd)
Round 8: Cutler QB (3rd)
Round 9: Owen Daniels TE (4th)
Round 10 DeAngelo Williams RB (11th)
Round 11: Forte RB (8th)
Round 12: Vincent Jackson WR (13th)
Round 13: Akers K (1st)
Round 14: Warner QB (1st)

This is just to show that if I had all the foresight in the world, it would have be possible for me to draft the numbers 1 and 3 QB, three top ten backs, the top four receivers and the best kicker and defense.

1 comment:

  1. that's why we have waivers in fantasy. the season is not over after the draft. there's still a lot of playing to be done.

    i feel pretty good knowing that i have a bunch of those players on your hindsight team.

    ReplyDelete