Monday, November 03, 2008

An Email on the Eve of the Election

Earlier today, I received an email. I thought that this person deserved a response.

In the second paragraph you asked me to fight for this country's future.

I will.

In the second to last paragraph you asked that I never forget that much has been sacrificed to protect our right to vote. You continued, we must never forget those Americans who, with their courage, with their sacrifice, and with their lives, have protected our freedom.

In this, I fully agree with you.

Your final plea was that I exercise your right to vote as an American tomorrow.

Sir, you grabbed my attention with the subject line. And I've decided to take you up on your offer. I will proudly fulfill my American responsibility and, in doing so, will make history tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment