Monday, November 24, 2008

A Monday Construda Miracle!

Down 13 with only Colston active, my chances were slim. At halftime, Colston didn't have any catches. And then a 70-yard touchdown on a broken play and I get my 13 points.

West Standings
Dave 6-5-1
Niraj 6-6
Kirat 5-6-1

With two games to play, only one of these teams is making the playoffs.

Week 13
Kirat vs Showtime
Dave vs Niraj

Week 14
Burnsy vs Kirat
Dave vs Showtime


Scenarios for Kirat
The only way for him to make the playoffs is to win both games and have Dave not win both.

Scenarios for Niraj
If he wins both, he's in.
He has to win in week 13 to stay alive. If he loses to Kirat in week 14, he needs Kirat to lose in week 13 and Dave to lose in week 14.

Scenarios for Dave
If he wins both, he's in.
He has to win at least one to stay alive. If he wins in 13 but loses in 14, he needs Kirat to not win both. If he wins in 14 but loses in 13, he needs Niraj to not win both.

Takeaway Points
I can clinch the division next week if I beat Niraj and Kirat loses.
Both games are must win for Kirat.
Week 13 is a must win for Niraj.
One of the games is a must win for Dave.
If I win in 13, I advance with either loss from Kirat or another win by me.
If I lose in 13, I need to win in 14 and have Kirat lose in 13 and have Niraj lose in 14.

1 comment:

  1. Was just looking at this again and I have a correction on your last takeaway point...if you lose in 13 but win in 14, Kirat has already lost...it doesn't matter what his outcome was in week 13. And you'd still need me to lose week 14 for you to win.

    ReplyDelete