Friday, November 06, 2009

Best Burgers in Chicago*

according to Chicago Magazine's 30 Best Burgers

They also have a separate page just to explain why big names, including the $19 burger from Rockit didn't make the list.

I've only had burgers at #14 Hop Haus, #24 Paradise Pup, and #27 Five Guys. Basically all three of them were at one end of the foodie spectrum, opposite where the Rockit burger is.

For what it's worth, the burgers from Epic Burger, Duchamp, Naha, and Kuma's Corner were all on my radar. Also, Capital Grille and Primehouse are literally only a block away, so if I ever wanted to spend $20 on a burger for lunch, I know where to go.

Capital Grille is where I had one of the best meals of my life: a 24-ounce porterhouse for $40. So while I have no doubts about their burger making skills, it almost feels like if you're going to go to Capital Grille and shell out serious cash, why not order a dry-aged steak?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. 2, 10, 17, and 18 are all in walking distance from me and I haven't been to any of them. They all sound incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I think you got your first two links switched around (the "according to" and "separate page" ones).

    ReplyDelete