Monday, November 09, 2009

chicago burger list

Right when I moved to Chicago in 2005, I found this article in the Tribune listing the top 5 burgers: (burgers I've had in bold)

Chicago Tribune, 2005

1. Rosebud
2. Naha
3. Park Grill
4. Select Cut Steakhouse
5. Paradise Pup

Then I found Chicago Mag's top 30, and noted that I had only been to #14 Hop Haus, #24 Paradise Pup, and #27 Five Guys.

And just now in preparation for this post, I found a Tribune photo gallery from this year.

1. The Grafton
2. Hot Chocolate (#2 on Chicago Mag)
3. Sola
4. Capital Grille (#13 on Chicago Mag)
5. Top Notch (#8 on Chicago Mag)
6. Sweets & Savories
7. Paradise Pup (on all three lists)
8. Rosebud/Carmine
9. Burke's Primehouse (#9 on Chicago Mag)
10. Schoop's
11. Labriola Bakery
12. Kuma's Corner (#3 on Chicago Mag)

Plus, here are the unlisted burgers that I've already had (there may be some I'm forgetting):

The $19 Rockit Burger
Goose Island (Burger Bet 07)
Gaslight (Burger Bet 08)
Grand Lux (with short ribs)
Hop Haus
Five Guys
Milwood
Boston Blackies

- - -

So all of that said, here's my new list of burgers to have, based on critical acclaim, yelp reviews, descriptions, pictures, and proximity:

The One I've Heard The Most About
Kuma's Corner, 2900 W Belmont

Steakhouses (and near my work)
Capital Grille, 633 N St. Clair
Primehouse, 616 N Rush (went 12/4/09)

Wicker Park & Upscale
Hot Chocolate, 1747 N Damen
Duchamp, 2118 N Damen

Under $10
Flub a Dub Chub's, 3021 N Broadway
Marc Burger, 111 N State (7th floor, Macys)

Suburbs
Labriola Baking Company, 3021 Butterfield Rd, Oak Brook

1 comment:

  1. So have you watched any of "The Cheeseburger Show" mentioned in the article? I only watched the first episode, but it's interesting to see the differences in preparation.

    http://vimeo.com/channels/cheeseburgershow#2960492

    ReplyDelete