Friday, March 19, 2010

2k5 in 2k10

Even though I have a ps3 and I got a college hoops game for it (2k7), the gameplay isn't as good as my old standby: college hoops 2k5 on ps2. An added benefit is that the rosters are the 2004-2005 lineups, so Illinois has its final four squad. They are projected as a 2 seed, which isn't bad. You can't expect the game to know we were going to go practically undefeated.

Anyways, there are 5 difficulty settings, and after winning a tournament on the third setting, I decided to kick it up a notch. They weren't kidding. In the first round, I had to overcome a 32-27 deficit against the 15 seed Oral Roberts. Dee hit a 3 to tie it at 32 with 24 seconds to go. After a defensive stop, Deron came down and got a bucket with a few seconds to go.

In the second round, I was matched up against 7-seed Tennessee. The first half was terrible. I couldn't get anything to fall. I was 5-20 from the field. 10 of those misses were in the paint. I was 0-3 from beyond the arc. Meanwhile Tennessee shot 10-16. Illinois was down 14-21 at the half.

And then Illinois peeled off an unprecedented 17-0 run! By the time Tennessee scored making it 23-31, Illinois could slow it down. The final was 35-26, and they didn't even bother fouling at the end.

Illinois shot 7-13, including a key 3 by Deron to start the run after halftime. Deron led the way with 19, Dee had 8 points, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Powell led with 5 rebounds. But all 4 of Augie's rebounds were offensive.

Deron was 1-7 in the first half and shot 5-9 in the second.

For what it's worth, these rosters (made based on pre 04-05 games) have Deron ranked as a 90 overall player. Dee at 88, Augie 84, Luther 82, Powell 80. Nick Smith is also a 80 while Ingram is a 68.

No comments:

Post a Comment