Wednesday, March 17, 2010

calcutta big board

Here's who I ended up with:


Teams I Really Wanted But Didn't Get
Kansas
Baylor

Teams That I Got But Didn't Really Want
Kentucky
Texas A&M
New Mexico

Teams that I Really Wanted and Got
Kansas St.
Richmond
UTEP
Utah St.

I should clarify, the teams that I got but didn't really want, that was based on my thoughts coming into the auction. I was hoping to get Kansas, and then see about getting Kentucky. Once I didn't want to pay $10 for Kansas, I had to get Kentucky--I was sitting on $20. Also, I got good value for New Mexico and Texas A&M, so I don't regret them, they just weren't teams I thought about before the auction.

Ideally, I would have gotten KU, KSt and Baylor, and still had money for Richmond, and UTEP. But I just with KSU and Baylor still on the board, I couldn't spend half my budget on KU. Even though I think they're going to win it all. Now I just have to convince myself that their region is too tough.

It's all a crapshoot, but I like the 11's and 12's I got and feel like they should pay for themselves. And if it ends up being KU vs UK in the final, it's Mark vs. Dave for the umpteenth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment