Monday, October 03, 2011

Chiefs won't go 0-16

I've already established that the Chiefs are a garbage dump. 

So I was thinking about the possible outcomes for the Chiefs season.

A. The CEILING for this team is a wild-card berth and losing in the first round.
B. A respectable 7-9 finish.
C. 4-12 or 5-11, picking #5 in the draft.
D. 2-14 and the first pick in the draft.

So obviously, I'll take A over the rest. And if B would win the burger bet, I'd jump at that too. But this year it won't. They're on pace to go 4-12, and at this point are not the front runners in the Luck sweepstakes.

But, this year, with Luck waiting in the wings, is C better than D? It's hard to make that case.

Though it doesn't matter what I think is the best outcome--they'll play the games and it doesn't matter if I'm screaming WIN, or if I'd be happier if we got Luck, or if I'm not watching at all.

- - -

Anyways, it was nice to get a win. There are still 4 teams that haven't done that, including the Rams who I thought had a bunch of promise. And they have the same record as the Eagles and the team with Cam Newton's record-breaking performances. And they've assured they won't tie the Lions for the worst record in all of sport.

- - -

I better hand out some game balls, might not have that many chances this year.

#3: Matt Cassel



260 yards and no picks. Fired the team up at halftime. Seemed like he made some good down the field throws. But his one touchdown was all this guy...

#2: Dwayne Bowe 



Over 100 yards and the touchdown that won the game, and it was Bowe doing all the work.

#1: Ryan Succop



When you go 5/5 that's a game ball. And when you hit two 50+, including a 54-yarder to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter, that's your MVP. Succop's 54-yarder

No comments:

Post a Comment