Monday, September 19, 2011

2011 Part One: chiefs season over before it started

First off, even before the Berry and Charles injuries, I conceded the 2011 Chiefs season. First of all, they overachieved last year. They were probably a 7-9 team that, with an easy schedule and some lucky breaks including hardly any injurues, got to 10-6 and were exposed by the Raiders and Ravens at the end of the year.

Based on a harder schedule alone, I would have expected the 10-6 Chiefs to get no better than 8-8 this year. The loss of OC Weis was very underrated I think. Without him, I think their ceiling was 6-10. That was my mindset going into Calcutta.

Then for some reason, the lockout has affected them worse than other teams. Based on the coaching and player readiness, I would say they look like a 3 or 4 win team.

And then you take away 3 of their best players, when at most we have 6 best players. That's how I came up with a 2-14 record seeming optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. now you know how i've felt for the last 9 years or so. until now.

    at least there's fantasy and you picked up a W. i was thinking that the way NFL has gone for you this year, nicks would score on a short TD, then catch the ball, fumble, and leave the game due to injury with 5 points.

    ReplyDelete