Tuesday, September 27, 2011

another fantasy miracle!

So even though James Starks sucks and Michael Vick got hurt (and sucks a little too), I still had a good shot of winning my matchup thanks to Darren McFadden (the #1 RB in fantasy so far, 12th RB drafted). In fact, he has over 150% more points than Chris Johnson and Frank Gore combined--both were drafted ahead of him.

Anyways, so I needed 9.5 from Witten on MNF to win. He was the ESPN #1 ranked TE for week 3. No Austin. Romo's a little hurt and won't want to hold on to the ball too long. Witten's previous weeks were 14 and 13.5. So I wasn't worried.

Until halftime and Witten had 2 catches for 7 yards, 1 point.

I checked back in at the start of the 4th quarter. The live score was 79.5 to 81. Witten was up to 7.5 points = 5 catches for 53 yards. All I needed now was two more catches for a total of 7 yards. Only one more pass was thrown to Witten. He caught it. And got 7 yards. 9 points. And the final score for the week is 81-81. A tie.

I immediately think how stupid it was to bench Jordy Nelson for A.J. Green. I did it for upside. But Nelson scored 1.5 more points and that would have been the difference. But I was smart for picking up the Titans D instead of riding my Saints D. And I was super thankful for each and everyone one of Run DMC's 30.5 points.

So I came to work expecting to see that I was 1-1-1. But I wasn't.

The final score wasn't 81-81 anymore. It was 81-80. So I checked the stat corrections.

And 11 of Reggie Bush's rushing yard were reassigned to Chad Henne. I don't know what to make of that other than God wants me to win at fantasy football.

1 comment:

  1. i was wondering how you won. that's why i come to hoagie central for all of my news.

    ReplyDelete