Saturday, September 03, 2011

It's a whole new world, I'm just happy to be in it.

I got an email from a former coworker in Chicago that said, "Welcome to the other side of life."

And I was thinking about that, and it seems pretty true right now.

Growing up, you are dependent on your parents. Through high school, you study and work hard for your own future, but you're still living as child to your parents.

Then you go off to college and you're living on your own. In my case, that was the last ten years. You're independent making decisions for yourself.

And then, in an instant, you become a parent. And now you have a child dependent on you.

Now I suppose you could describe this as a three act play. But I like the description of "the other side of life." Being independent in my mind is just the bridge, or the fence, that you cross to get there.

Now I'm here. And loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment