Friday, September 23, 2011

super weird amazing random

Today I was coming back from Loveland, CO from a work conference when I thought I would surprise Brittany and her mom with some cupcakes. I knew of two good cupcake places in Denver: Gigi's and Lovely Confections. But my Garmin search function couldn't come up with either one. I tried calling On*Star (Niraj) but he didn't pick up. So I tried Kirat, Missy and Charlie. No help. I thought that Lovely was near Colfax, so I thought I would exit there, pull over, and try to get the Garmin or On*Star to work again.

But I missed the Colfax exit. So I kept going, and got off at 6th East. I went until I was off the freeway part and pulled over. Here's where I ended up.


I figured I was roughly in the middle of Denver. No matter where it was I could get there in 10-15 minutes. So I tried some different search terms in the Garmin and called Niraj again. This time he picked up. I thought about asking for both stores, but just asked for Gigi's. He said he would text me the address in a minute. So I waited. And then I got the address and put it in the Garmin. Here is the address for Gigi's.


Let's zoom in for a closer look.


There you have it. I had absolutely no idea where Gigi's was. I even missed the exit of where I wanted to get off. And I basically pulled over right next to it. The Gigi's lot was full so I ended up parking on the street--it would have been faster if I had just walked from where I was originally pulled over.

No comments:

Post a Comment