Friday, September 20, 2013

Buffalo Wild Wings

I would have tweeted this but TMI:

I think commercials for Buffalo Wild Wings are smart to focus on the experience in the restaurant, as opposed to showing people in pain on the toilet the next day.

- - -

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night to watch Chiefs-Eagles on the NFL Network. Joe and I got there midway through the 3rd as I had to put the kids to bed first.

It was Boneless Thursdays, which meant boneless wings were on sale. I prefer traditional, but couldn't pass up a good deal. They had about 5 or 6 flavors I wanted to try, but they said the smallest order per flavor was 4 wings.

So I got, in order of increasing heat:
4 Jammin' Jalapeno (8th spiciest out of 16)
4 Carribean Jerk (10th out of 16)
4 Mango Habanero (14th out of 16)

Others that I would have liked to sample:
Hot BBQ (12th)
Hot (13th)

As you can see, I like hot wings. Truthfully, last night was the hottest wings I've ever had.

All three flavors were quite hot. I usually never touch the celery/carrots, but last night I ate all of mine and all of Joe's. My mouth was on fire. In a good way. I would eat about 3 or 4. And then need a couple minutes to cool down. I ordered extra ranch. Over the course of the hour sitting there, I went through 2 and a half diet cokes. It was hot.

I did finish all 12 boneless wings while sitting there. And they were tasty.

I would try all the flavors again, though next time I would prefer traditional wings. The sale night for those is Tuesday though, not a lot of hot sports action on a Tuesday. I'll talk more about the Chiefs in a separate post.

1 comment:

  1. I like the spicy garlic the best. Jerk is good, but too spicy for my taste.

    I go often during the summer because there's one not far from camp and sometimes I get the assburn the same night, but if not, definitely the next morning.

    Also, the Chiefs might be forreal this year. That defense looks great, although Alex Smith attempts to scramble a lot and looks terrible doing it.

    ReplyDelete