Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Calcutta Recap

It's not a good sign when the Browns are your most expensive team.

Let me start over.

Going into the draft here were my top teams by tiers:

Best
Broncos/49ers/Seahawks/Saints

Middle Value
Bengals/Bears/Cowboys/Colts/Dolphins

Sleepers
Bucs/Eagles/Browns/Chiefs

That said, I didn't do very well even according to the teams I wanted. I didn't want to overpay and run out of money early like I usually do. But I should have grabbed one good team. I could have pushed the 49ers up to 8+ or even the Saints up to 7ish. Mark getting the Seahawks early at 5.80 seems like a good deal.

Matt went lean and mean but a Packers/Broncos Super Bowl isn't that crazy. Kirat has a great roster. He has 5 teams that are all solid and could easily go deep in the playoffs.

I think Kirat did the best and I might have done the worst. But we'll see.



1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have put the Saints in the top tier, but the rest I agreed with.

    I don't agree with the Cowboys. They always seem to underperform. The Colts can't repeat what they did last year and they signed away a Lions OT who wasn't very good.

    I'm always a sucker for the Bengals. I feel like I get them and the Titans every year.

    Agree completely on the sleepers.

    To the draft:

    I was quite surprised that I got the Seahawks so cheap. Maybe people were saving their money because it was early?

    I thought the Saints went too high, as well as the Broncos and Patriots. Cardinals and Redskins, too.

    Just looking at the results, I agree that Kirat has the best draft. I like my teams, especially if the Titans can keep playing well, if the Chargers don't blow it in the end like in week 1, and if the Bucs can get it together. I know, I know, that's a lot of "ifs".

    I think Matt is boom or bust. Early playoff exits could leave him with $10 and I doubt the Colts make the playoffs. Injuries could kill him. Niraj needs the 49ers to go deep, but I have a feeling it's not their year. I don't see a scenario where Dave or Savan make much money.

    Prediction:
    1. Matt
    2. Kirat
    3. Mark
    4. Niraj
    5. Savan
    6. Dave

    ReplyDelete