Monday, October 07, 2013

nfl predictions 2013: take two

After five weeks, I'm updating the playoff picture:

AFC Division Winners
Broncos
Colts
Patriots
Ravens

Wild Cards
Chiefs
Dolphins

In The Hunt
Bengals
Titans
Texans
Browns

Without Hoyer, I don't think the Browns continue their success. Same for the Titans and Locker, although they could pull together a late run. The Texans I think still have a chance, and the Bengals could easily get in.

1 Broncos
2 Colts

6 Dolphins at 3 Patriots
5 Chiefs at 4 Ravens

NFC Division Winners
Seahawks
Saints
Packers
Cowboys

Wild Cards
49ers
Bears?

In The Hunt
Eagles
Lions
Cardinals?

I refuse to accept that the Cardinals are any good. The Eagles are interesting and have potential, but probably more likely to win division than get a wild-card. (I acknowledge the possibility that yesterday's Dallas loss is a turning point that spirals their season into the toilet and the Eagles could win the division at 8-8.) Not sure what to make of Packers-Lions-Bears yet. Seems like Seahawks-Saints-49ers are the class of the conference, and I believe in Rodgers/Green Bay.

1 Seahawks
2 Saints

6 Bears at 3 Packers
5 49ers at 4 Cowboys

I think the 49ers are still for real and will crush whoever is in that 4-5 matchup. I'm optimistic that the Chiefs will be in the same kind of situation in the AFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment