Friday, October 11, 2013

PIES, ranked

I'm re-listening to all the MATES podcasts and rating them as I go. I'm about halfway through.
Anyways, today I listened to the banana cream pie episode. Tom asked Mike what his favorite pie was. Mike said Blueberry. This shocked and disappointed myself and Tom. Tom's was apple, a respectable choice.

After hearing that interaction, I couldn't help but ask myself, what is my favorite pie?

It's no secret that I love pie. But only certain pies. Specifically, hardly any fruit or cream pies. Here's my list:

10. Oreo Pie

This is alright. It's never quite as good as the picture looks.




9. Grasshopper Pie

Basically take an oreo pie and make it better by adding mint. Mint/brownie and mint/oreo are excellent combinations.



8. Caramel Pecan Silk Supreme

This is a particular pie that I only know of at Baker's Square. It is tasty.



7. French Silk Pie

This is a classic. I hardly eat it because there are better options for chocolate out there. That said, if it's the only option, I will enjoy it.



6. Key Lime Pie

This is a treat. It's a seasonal pie which makes it special to find. This pie is off doing it's own thing. It can't compete with the pies at the top of the list, but it's got it's niche and it does it well.




5. Apple Pie

An absolute classic. Untouchable. The only reason it doesn't rank higher? Well you'll have to keep reading.


4. Pecan Pie

There is a line between the top four and the rest of the list. If I can get one of the top four, I'm a happy camper. Growing up, for some stupid reason, I thought that I didn't like pecan pie. So this one is still holds a "rare" place in my heart. Luckily, I've wised up and now can't imagine Thanksgiving without it.




3. Peanut Butter Cup Pie

I talked about how mint/oreo is a great combination. Well, peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate. This is put in front of you, and you're basically at maximum pie enjoyment. There might be two more on the list. But I could see rating every pie in the top four, a perfect 10.


2. Dutch Apple Pie

Bam! Thought I was dogging apple pie earlier, didn't you? I love apple pie, but at this point, I'm only going to order it if it has the delicious crumb topping. This is a perfect recipe.



1. Chocolate Chip Pie

A bit of a sentimental pick. I grew up having this pie for my birthday/thanksgiving. It's fantastic. A chocolate chip cookie in pie form. With just a bit of Cool Whip on top...perfect. The official recipe.





There you go. I would love to hear your top pies in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I would probably swap the pecan pie with the grasshopper pie. And I would also change the chocolate chip pie with the peanut butter cup pie. Although depending on mood I will prefer a dutch apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly agree with your ranking, though I would lower grasshopper and dutch apple pie. I remember going to Baker's Square often for their pecan pie, but we always got the Pecan Caramel pie, which was like your #4, rather than the silk supreme (#8).

    Also are you not a pumpkin fan? Feels like that should be somewhere on the list...I wouldn't put it super high on my own list, but it's still pretty good!

    ReplyDelete