Friday, October 11, 2013

World Series History for Playoff Teams

I did this last year too.

I wanted to sort the 8 playoff teams based on last World Series win:

St. Louis Cardinals - Appearance and Win: 2011
Boston Red Sox - Appearance and Win: 2007
Atlanta Braves - Appearance: 1999 - Win: 1995
Oakland A's - Appearance: 1990 - Win: 1989
LA Dodgers - Appearance and Win: 1988
Detroit Tigers - Appearance: 2012 - Win: 1984
Pittsburgh Pirates - Appearance and Win: 1979
Tampa Bay Rays - Appearance: 2008 - Win: never

I'm a little surprised. Just looking at these teams, it seemed like they're all blue-chip franchises. I was a little bummed that Pittsburgh and Oakland didn't advance. (bolded teams still alive)

Detroit was in it last year but got swept. At this point, I guess it would be best for LA or Detroit to win one.

No comments:

Post a Comment