Thursday, April 22, 2021

2021 scene

Lately I've been listening to a lot more albums and artists discographies as opposed to one-off songs. 

Here are some of the artists I've been enjoying this year and when I primarily listen.


Death Cab for Cutie (working)

Motion City Soundtrack (showering)

Alkaline Trio (driving)

Jimmy Eat World (anytime)

Panic at the Disco (exercising)

Fall Out Boy (basketball)


With the exception of Death Cab, all of them are bands that I've liked and listened to for a long time. I kinda decided that now is a good time to focus on the good stuff. Instead of looking for something new, that I should dive deep into my favorites. 

Death Cab on the other hand is a revelation. I've had their Transatlanticism cd since 2004ish but never really listened to anything else by them. They didn't crack my 2014 list of favorite 80 bands. But the songwriting is incredible. I Will Follow You Into The Dark is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

3 comments:

  1. I thought this was a food and football blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally just wanted to post something that wasn't food for a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete