Tuesday, September 07, 2021

NFL Calcutta - Post Draft Thoughts



I think the Chiefs are going to win the AFC. By the time I made my first pick, the Chiefs and Bills were off the board, as well as the Browns and Ravens. So I focused exclusively on the NFC. 

Calcutta rewards playoff teams, but specifically division winners. I shared my division predictions in the previous post, but here I'm going to sort them by how confident I am in those picks:


1. Chiefs (Chargers should be good, but I'd be shocked if KC doesn't win this again)
2. Titans (the rest of the division is awful)
3. Bucs (Saints could contest, but TB should have this)
4. Packers (Vikings could challenge)

Those four I think are real solid.

5. Cowboys (I base most of my predictions on quarterback, and I don't think 38-year old Fitzpatrick is the ticket.)

These next three I don't feel confident about at all.

6. Rams (This whole division is good)
7. Steelers (Ravens and Browns should be good)
8. Pats (Bills are favored, so this is kind of a longshot)

So teams like Titans and Pats were on my list, I was hoping to get one of them after my first two picks. I picked Packers and Rams because I think they're Super Bowl contenders in a wide-open NFC. Once the Steelers were off the board at 13, there were 4 teams left that I think make the playoffs: Cowboys, Chargers, Saints and Vikings. The only one that I had as a division winner was the Cowboys, so I traded up to get them. Then I grabbed the Vikings who I think could be a wild-card team but also as insurance for the Packers. With my last pick I grabbed the Eagles because I have stock in Hurts and think it's entirely possible for the Eagles to be good even though no one thinks that. 

If all my predictions came true, here's how the numbers will shake out. 



But all my predictions won't come true. I think Mark has the best chance at being #1 and Matt has the best chance at being #6. Something like this:

Mark
Dave
Savan
Niraj
Kirat
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment