Saturday, December 31, 2005

Week 17 Prediction

As the holidays are upon us, I will limit my predictions to one game this week, the one I will be attending: 5th row of upper deck, 50-yard line. (Perhaps my percentage this week will be 100%)

Bengals 17, Chiefs 30

Even though technically the Chiefs are still alive for the last wild card spot, I've already begun looking back on the season. Although I really wanted them to make the playoffs, especially because that might keep Vermeil around a little longer, they aren't a good enough team - especially on the road - to beat the Steelers, Pats, Broncos, or the Colts. I see the Colts a mortal lock to go to the Super Bowl, so what would a wild-card berth have meant? Most likely a first round loss. That said, this season was pretty darn good, great wins, great plays, great performances, highs and lows, but always exciting.

I hope Chad Johnson scores and does something bananas. And I wouldn't mind seeing Dante take one to the house. But overall I am pretty confident with the Chiefs at home (with this game being played in January their December home winning streak will stay at 18 for a long while).

And I love the playoffs, regardless of who's playing. Plus fantasy will have a clean slate. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment