Tuesday, February 20, 2007

2.21.07



Every day I walk by two neighboring buildings: McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts. And I laugh. I laugh at the people in there who are eating junk and not taking care of themselves. And then I laugh at myself. Because it was only 8 weeks ago that I was eating almost exclusively junk. And if it wasn't something demonstrably unhealthy, it was ridiculous portion sizes - 3 servings of pasta on a plate, 2-3 servings of cereal, on a daily basis.

Matt (who apparently has visited this site only once--and not to read anything, but to see what it looked like) said that he heard I was dieting. And I said yes. But that's not exactly accurate.

If a coworker offered me a slice of pizza, it would be a lot easier to say, "No thanks, I'm on a diet." When in truth I would like to clarify, "No thanks. I'm switched to a healthier lifestyle, with a focus on adopting healthy eating habits for short-term weight loss and long-term weight maintenance, while improving my physical fitness and building muscles."

No comments:

Post a Comment