Friday, February 16, 2007

First Hoagie Post

In all honesty, working at a sandwich/pizza shop while I was in high school, was really a dream job. Of course all the things that I created, none of them I would eat on my current foodasfuel kick, but still. Here's a look back at some of the classic creations:

The Usual: A twist on the Italian Combo, I added garlic spread and cheddar to the sub that already had ham, salami, and sausage with mozz, onions.

Chicken Bacon Ranch with Cheddar: How could this not be on the menu? In fact, none of the grinders used salad dressings--flavors I explored once I got past the traditional ones.

French Pepperoni: A simple pepperoni and mozz grinder with french dressing. When cooked, the french dressing brought out the flavor of the pepperoni.

The Deep Dish: There was only one pizza crust - a thin/medium. So I spread the crust out to build walls, and created layers of sauce, cheese, and pepperoni inches thick.

Sugar and Spice Pizza: The Cholula hot sauce was so good, it was begging to be added to a pizza. So I poured it on thick, and used a little sugar sprinkled on the top for balance.

The Mahatma: The sandwich so tempting, that Gandhi would not be able to continue his hunger strike. This had a base of pizza sauce, and was topped with meatballs and pepperoni, and plenty of mozz.

The All-American: This one had it all. Ham, turkey, roast beef, bacon, salami, sausage, chicken, pepperoni, mozz, cheddar, mayo, lettuce. I weighed this 18-inch monstrosity after it was cooked and it was 2 pounds. 9-inch was the serving for a normal sandwich, you'd be lucky to eat half of that.

1 comment: