Friday, May 11, 2007

17th NFL Game?

My main problem is that that it will make it easier for players to break single-season records. Just as Dickerson was able to break O.J.'s rushing record because Eric had 16 instead of 14 games. But I guess that single-season records aren't that big of deal, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

You globalize games by getting the kids to play it. Now maybe, kids won't play football in china because they don't have any reason to. But if we like the game so much, I don't see why kids from all over won't gravitate towards the game.

Eh, whatever. It's Friday. I kinda lost my outrage halfway through this. Who cares.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I don't think the world will like American football because one game a year is played somewhere else. I know, it'll be 16 games, but still. There has been NFL Europe for many years, but I think a lot of the teams have folded because of lack of interest. Now most of the teams (or all) are in Germany.

    I say don't fix what ain't broke.

    ReplyDelete