Thursday, May 24, 2007

Afternoon Scene: 311

What can I say about 311? They've been my favorite band, my only favorite band, ever since I got into music. For the last 10 years, I've been listening to them, watching them evolve their sound, not improving or getting worse, just staying excellent and making different styles of music.

And they are known for being a stellar live band. I've seen them 3 times and they always play long shows, and stick around for the fans after. And since 2000, every other year on March 11th, they have a special 3-11 day concert that lasts about 5 hours.

The one thing that's kind of funny, is for how much I love their CD's, their videos were always sort of lacking. Sort of weird, whatever. Anyways, they've produced 8 official albums, they've got 5 guys, and they're originally from Omaha.


If you're only going to watch one clip, watch this live video from March 11, 2004 in New Orleans, particularly from 3:17 remaining on.
"Applied Science" (live)


"Prisoner"


"Beyond the Gray Sky"


"Down, Frolic Room, Don't Tread on Me, Solar Flare, and Amber" (live)

No comments:

Post a Comment