Thursday, May 17, 2007

Softball 2007: Game One

First, some notes: We got new uniforms, they are 3/4 sleeve baseball jerseys, white with navy sleeves, blank on the front, company logo on the back. Also part of the uniform: victory socks. Full calf socks, navy with two white diamonds. They're pretty sweet, and serve a double purpose of protection on slides. (Although my left knee did get a little scraped, since they don't go over the knee.)

On to the recap. I was batting 2nd in the order, and we were the home team:


The game was called partially because of the Mercy Rule, partially because the other team was late getting there.

Batting Stats for Week One:
1st AB: 2B, run
2nd AB: line out
3rd AB: FC, run

Average: .333
Slugging: .666
2 runs scored, 0 rbi

Pitching Stats for Week One:
5 innings pitched
6 earned runs
1 K
0 BB

ERA: 8.40 (I'm multiplying ER by 7, since that's how many innings we play)
1 win (complete game)

I wanted to keep track of my WHIP, but it was too hard to record how many hits I gave up. It was probably around 15. Once our defense settled down, we were pretty good in the field. And our bats really came alive. Ironically, our 7-run first inning started with our solid lead off batter striking out on fouls. I ripped a double down the right field line, and scored on the next batter. The next time up, the lead off man turned a double into a triple into a home run. I thought that he had cost me a rbi, but I ended up lining out to the first basewoman. Our bats are pretty solid, and our defense is pretty good, we should finish above .500.

Oh yeah, and were obnoxious and brought a boombox, so everyone could have personalized batting music. Mine is the last 10 seconds from this, in support of my nickname that was inspired by how I eat buffalo wings (Wingman.)

Team Record: 1-0

No comments:

Post a Comment