Thursday, May 24, 2007

Softball 2007: Game Two

I was a little disappointed to see that I would not be the starting pitcher for week two. In order to get playing time for everyone, most people only get to play 3 and 1/2 innings. (I had assumed that I was going to be pitching every inning this year, and was looking forward to the extra at bats, but I might have to share the mound.)

We were the home team, facing the defending champions from the last two years. We knew even with a good team we had our work cut out for us. By the time I entered the game, in the bottom of the fourth, we were losing 10-2.



Batting Stats for Week Two:
1st AB: 1B
2nd AB: 1B

Average: 1.000
Slugging: 1.000
0 runs scored, 0 rbi

Pitching Stats for Week Two:
3 innings pitched
2 earned runs
1 K
0 BB

ERA: 4.66
no decision


Batting Stats on the Season:
3/5: 2 singles, 1 double. 2 runs scored, 0 rbi.
Average: .600
Slugging: .800

Pitching Stats on the Season:
8 innings pitched
8 earned runs
2 K
0 BB

ERA: 7.00
1-0 record


Our opponent has won the league two year straight for a reason, but I was proud of our team. We played hard, and it got a little chippy out there. We had a good rally in the 7th and I think we made them sweat a little out there.

And over the last 3 innings (when I was in the game) we outscored them 4-2. So there's nothing to be upset about.

I'm scheduled to be in New York on business next Thursday, so hopefully it rains so I don't have to miss a game.

Team Record: 1-1

2 comments:

  1. I like the softball recaps. Keep 'em coming.

    There aren't any other people on your team that can/like to pitch? You thought that the "Wing Man" would get to pitch every inning of the year?

    At least you're killing the ball.

    Last, going to New York on business? Look at this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pitching. I think that I have the most impact on whether we win or lose, because I think I give them not great pitches to hit and I can play solid D up the middle.

    Based on how we ended the season last year, ever since we won the mid-season tournament where i became a pitcher, all evidence was that I was the only pitcher on the team.

    ReplyDelete