Tuesday, March 25, 2008

30%

After really starting on about Jan 25th, I'm 30% of the way through my first draft of my novel. Although a fair chunk of that was using passages and ideas that I had written before Jan 25th, so I'm not sure that I can claim a rate of 15% every month. Although, the last three weeks, I really didn't get much done, because I was preparing for London.

It's frustrating because I have the outline, and I'd love to wrap this thing up by June or so, but it just takes a long time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of the opposite way...I'm enjoying pondering and formulating a novel in my head and reading things that will help flesh out an engaging story. Though, of course, it means it will be quite a while until I get something in a finalized form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I spent 7 months brainstorming and outlining, and now I'm 2 months into the full writing/assembling stage, and I just wish that it didn't take so long.

    I want to be rich and famous NOW.

    ReplyDelete