Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Observing London Time in Chicago

I've tried to fix American time zones before, but even as President, I'd have a hard time fixing time zones around the world. Currently, because American conveniently started DST before Europe, London is 5 hours ahead of Chicago.

Is there a way to reduce jet lag, by preparing in advance to observe the new destination time?

For example, let's say while in London, I'd like to sleep from Midnight to 9 am. That would be 7pm to 4am CST. Incidentally, our flight is overnight departing 8pm Chicago time (1am London), and arriving at 9 am London time.

Today is Wednesday and I got up at 8am, per normal. Perhaps Thursday I should get up at 7am, Friday, 6am, and Saturday 5am. My plane leaves Saturday night, which means that Sunday morning, I will need to be alart at 4am CST, because I'll be departing the plane then, at 9am London time.

Not only should this work, but if I were to actually wake up at 5am on Saturday, by the time I'm boarding the flight at 8pm, I should be ready to sleep all the way through.

So this is great in theory, but will I actually do this? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment