Saturday, March 29, 2008

sat bracket update

For Savan to Win: He needs Memphis in the Final Four, and he needs at least one of UNC/KU to not make it to the Final Four. He also can't have either of them in the Championship game.

For Dave to Win: I need UNC to get to the championship game and then lose. Addittionally, if Memphis advances to the Final Four, I need UCLA to win it all.

For Mark to Win: UNC takes home the title.

Anything else, and it looks like it's Burnsy's title.


Tonight the game I most need is UNC winning. Strangely enough, if UCLA loses, I can still win--I would just need Memphis to lose tomorrow. But I'm still rooting for UNC and UCLA.

Mark is rooting for UNC & Xavier.

Savan is rooting for Louisville and UCLA.

Niraj is rooting for UCLA, but is a mixed bag on the UNC/Louisville game. He gets 80 points that Savan doesn't for UNC, but he's probably better off rooting against them, since Mark and I have them going farther. So he should be rooting for Louisville and UCLA, but can still smile if UNC wins.

- - -

If I was playing Oddsmakers, I would project UNC winning at 75%, KU winning at 70%, Memphis at 60% and UCLA at 55%. But I also know that all 4 1-seeds have never advanced. And when you look at that way, every opponent seems capable. Louisville with Pitino, Davidson with Curry, Texas the way they beat up Stanford, and Xavier because they're a complete team and Wilbon likes them. Shit, UCLA might be the one to lose--perhaps not the only one.

1 comment:

  1. we are down to our own final four. only dave, savan, niraj, and mark can win our pool.

    everyone except niraj is rooting against kansas the rest of the way.

    savan needs a memphis/davidson final OR a UCLA/davidson final. barring that, he's done.

    if kansas gets to the championship, niraj wins.

    ReplyDelete