Tuesday, September 08, 2009

grading the fantasy draft

So I know I love my team, but could it be that there's just more talent to go around? I'll go team by team and give grades and then rank them to see how they match up with the end of the year standings.

Harlan: Good QB,TE,D and K. Receivers are decent. And when Lynch is back, should be solid. A-
Brats: Thin at TE. A
Swag: Pretty solid, great at RB. Needs Ochocinco and Schaub to come through. A-
Bloopy: Like this team a lot. Got value for Frank Gore, that could be a good one if he comes through. Matt will ride Roy Williams til he dies. A
Kirat: Solid as well. Mo-Jo, Santana Moss, and Peyton all could be elite or risks. A-
Vagnasty: Don't like Palmer as your starter. Slaton and Moss are great, as are the Ravens and and I like Hines Ward. But he needs Steven Jackson and Palmer to come through. B+
Mark Vag: Don't love his receivers or Ryan Grant. Hard to say right now. B+
Boss: Good QB, 2RBS, 2WRS. If Romo is like Romo of old could be a great team. A
Doyle: Rides and dies with Warner. Not a lot of depth. B+
Burnsy Cock: Great team, don't love Kevin Smith, but doesn't need him. A

As I surmised earlier, just about everybody's team "looks" good on paper in a 10-team league.

Projected Illini Standings:
Dave
Mark
Kirat
Niraj
Savan

Projected Naperville Standings:
Boss
Bloopy
Swag
Harlan
Doyle

I actually think the Naperville Division is going to be a tight race. I could see Boss/Bloopy/Swag/Harlan all vying for first.

- - -

Interestingly enough, after I wrote all that, I went to espn.com and found projections for Week 1.

Here are the league rankings based on these projections:

1 Savan
2 Kirat
3 Dave
4 Matt
5 Niraj
6 Doyle
7 Boss
8 Mark
9 Swag
10 Harlan

No comments:

Post a Comment