Tuesday, September 15, 2009

playoff predictions: week 1

The point of this post(s) is not to show off my amazing powers of making predictions. Much like I did last year with this post, I'm curious about how valuable snap judgments are, and how early you can see the playoff picture. (E.g. I wonder at what point I would have been able to see the Cardinals as solid contender last year.)

- - -

AFC

Clearly In
Pats
Steelers
Chargers

Likely In
Colts
Ravens
Jaguars

Likely Out
Jets
Titans
Bills
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Texans
Dolphins

Clearly Out
Bengals
Browns

NFC

Clearly In
(none)

Likely In
Seahawks
Falcons
Packers
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles

Likely Out
Saints
Vikings
49ers
Bears
Redskins
Cardinals
Bucs

Clearly Out
Panthers
Rams
Lions

- - -

The NFC is a lot more muddled as 8 teams looked really good, plus the 49ers had a nice win on the road, so I guess that's 9. As I could only have 6 playoff teams, right now I've got Saints and Vikings on the outside just because of who they played. I don't think 3 teams from the East will make it, but based on their wins, I couldn't justify dropping any of them, even with the injury to McNabb.

No comments:

Post a Comment