Tuesday, September 15, 2009

rugby is still awesome

Okay, so this is a funny time to post, just after week 1 of the NFL just started, but I'm still fascinated by rugby. If I ever move to England or Australia I would definitely want the Rugby Sunday Ticket package. Well, I still might be too cheap, but I would talk about how much I want it.

Anyways, I was reminded of rugby by Stokley's touchdown, how at the end he came towards the center of the field, eating up time. One of the parts of rugby that I like is that your "extra point" takes place from a distance out, at the point at which you scored. Imagine Peyton throwing to Harrison at the pylon, and then Vinatieri has to kick the extra point from the sideline.

Anyways, it seems that really major competitions are the World Cup (next one in fall 2011) and Six Nations tournament held every spring.

So for now...here are some highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment