Saturday, April 10, 2010

east coast recap

First words, then pictures.

- - -

I ate a lot.

I went to Chick-Fil-A four times. It is delicious and easily the best fast food chain out there.

Prior to eating at Crumbs on Broadway in Manhattan, I never understood the modern obsession with cupcakes. I do now.

Prior to have a cannoli at Vinny T's in Boston, I never understood the traditional obsession with cannoli. I do now.

The clam chowder I had in Boston didn't compare to the chowder I had at Pike Place. And having a bread bowl that's not sourdough...what's the point.

I also had a lobster roll, crab cake, veal parmiginia, Pepe's pizza in New Haven, amazing short ribs and mashed potatoes at Founding Farmers in D.C., a Frisco thickburger from Hardee's and the best fries anywhere are the curlys at Arby's.

When I wasn't eating, we saw stuff.

The American History, Native American, and Air & Space branches of the Smithsonian. The Holocaust Musuem in D.C. The Native The National Mall. Walden Pond. The Salem Witch Museum. The Freedom Trail and a Boston trolley tour. Oh yeah and a Hot Tub Time Machine.

- - -

I took more than these, but here are the highlights. As always, all are clickable for high-res versions.


Revere statue in front of Old North Church



Fenway Park


Crossing Harvard Bridge in Boston



The coal oven inside Pepe's Pizza in New Haven, CT


Walden Pond


Times Square

As close as we could get to the White House



Reflecting Pool looking at Lincoln Memorial


Inside Lincoln Memorial


View from Lincoln Memorial


Cherry Blossoms

Washington Monument




World War II Memorial


Isn't passover when you'd most need a kosher deli?

2 comments:

  1. good pictures! i didn't realize you took so many good ones. nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, Chicagoland is finally getting Chick-Fil-A!
    http://chicagoist.com/2010/04/20/chick-fil-a_breaks_ground.php

    ReplyDelete