Sunday, April 11, 2010

walden panoramas



One of the highlights was visiting Walden Pond. Of course it looked like any other pond in the middle of the woods, but the literary nerd inside me couldn't help but be inspired by Thoreau. First words, then pictures.

- - -

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.

Our life is frittered away by detail...Simplify, simplify.

Rise free from care before the dawn, and seek adventures.

A model of the home that Thoreau lived in.


And now for the pieces de resistance...two panoramas taken from opposite sides of the pond (both stiched together with Hugin.) I've found that viewing them in a browser is preferable as you get to scroll left to right at maximum size and then click to take it all in.

Panorama #1

And my personal favorite, Panorama #2


(The second one was made of 4 pictures, compared with 3 on the first one, and yet it isn't as wide. Somehow Hugin must have stretched the first image more. Whatever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment