Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cancelled Citrus Sodas Back From the Dead: Part I



In middle school, I discovered a sharp citrus soda loaded with caffeine that tasted better than Mountain Dew, Surge. Parents weren't big fans of buying the soda that was advertised as making your kids go crazy with caffeine, and eventually Coca-Cola cancelled Surge. Loyal fans started savesurge.org urging Coke to bring Surge back. They are proud of using ebay to purchase expired cans of Surge, and have fanatical collections and pictures of someone drinking their last Surge can on his wedding day.

Well the wait is over. Surge isn't back per se, but Coke has introduced a "new" sharp citrus soda loaded with caffeine and admits they were influenced by savesurge.org. It is called Vault, and is being marketed as an energy drink that tastes like a soda. Interestingly, they also have Vault Zero which is to my knowledge the first energy drink with no calories. I recently tried a bottle of Vault Zero and I felt like I was back in middle school.

1 comment:

  1. Vault has a really weird looking logo.

    ReplyDelete