Thursday, February 09, 2006

Low-brow, High-flavor


After such an idealistic, rambling sort of I'm not sure what this means post yesterday, I think it's only fitting that I follow it up with some base thoughts on something stupid. This is not meant to say these are the best, because something like this really comes down to personal taste, so here are my favorites.

(Tangent: isn't the expression "desert island list." Shoun't it be deserted island, or does it really mean an island in the Savannah?) So to make my deserted island list I've narrowed them down into categories, and chose my favorite in the category. The runner-ups are in parentheses.

Favorite Candy Bars:

5. Caramel Crunch (Caramello)
4. Junior Mints (York)
3. Snickers
2. Take 5
1. Nutrageous (Reese's Cups, Reese's Pieces)

This list is subject to change, and if you remind me of something I've overlooked, I might have to update it.

5 comments:

  1. Here are my top 5. I am a big fan of almonds/peanuts and chocolate ...

    5. Almond Joy
    4. Snickers
    3. Ferrero Rocher
    2. Nesle Tollhouse Cookiebars
    1. Mr. Goodbar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirat's list is good. Here's mine:

    5. Skittles/Junior Mints
    4. Toblerone/Ferrero Rocher/Ghirardelli (aka the foreign-sounding candy group)
    3. Almond Joy
    2. Snickers (Mr. Goodbar)
    1. Reese's (peanut butter eggs are the best - only available around easter, then regular are second best, then pieces)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For completeness:

    6. Twix/Kit-Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. burnsy ... you just read my mind ... i was going to post kit-kat as my honorable mention. however, how dare you pair it up with twix (blah!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. seeing all of these comments kind of makes me wish i had an office job. instead i'm up at 3 am reading the sportscorner

    ReplyDelete