Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Breaking My Dependence on Foreign Oil Food

This is day 4 of eating food as fuel, and not as pleasure. The key is that I am enjoying the tastes, and I've been making lean versions of some of my favorite dinners (burgers, chicken sandwiches, general tso's chicken and rice). My goal is not to lose a certain number of pounds, but to sustain eating healthy and enjoy eating my food.

Any joy from food is so fleeting that it's not worth being unhealthy. If I want to make it to day 4000 of eating food as fuel, it's going to take changing my habits, not one month of willpower.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you haven't stopped eating meat altogether. Vegetarian and Potatoes just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

    Also, one reason for American obesity is the portion sizes. Nobody needs that much food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I had a double burger - 95% lean.

    6oz of 95% lean = 280 cal, 10 fat
    6oz of 80% lean = 420 cal, 28 fat

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm proud of my baber!

    ReplyDelete