Friday, January 12, 2007

I'll be rich by the year 2134

In September 2005, I attempted to upload a bunch of my new digital pictures to iStockphoto, a stock photography website that sells cheap royalty free photos to people who need them -- typically an ad agency on a budget who can't hire a real photographer. Every time someone downloads one of my pictures, I get 30 cents.

Well, my plan caught a snag when iStockphoto rejected all of my pictures but one. Today I checked to see how my account was doing. Over the last 16 months, a whopping 4 people have downloaded my picture. That's right, I made a cool $1.20 for hardly any effort.

So of course, I just hit "request payment" and they sent me my $1.20, right? Um...no. "There must be $100 in your account to request payment."

If I start uploading some Paris pictures, maybe I'll get to $100 by the time I retire.

1 comment:

  1. If you want some Egypt pictures, I can oblige. Then maybe you can get $100 by the time you're 50. Nah, probably not. I don't trust the eBays.

    ReplyDelete