Sunday, January 07, 2007

Paris Recap

Our first international trip: Paris. Brit and I spent a week in Paris including New Year's Eve 2006/2007. 



We mostly did street food, only visiting a few restaurants. I reemember one of my favorite things was pastries and bread from a bakery on Ile Saint Louis. I found a receipt from the restaurant Chez Alexandre near the Louvre and it's still open, so that's something. (Oh yeah, I'm posting this in 2021 because I didn't in 2007.)









The Rodin sculpture park was one of our favorite museums.





Sacré-Cœur.





Versailles was one of our favorites for sure.












I preferred the Musee d'Orsay over The Louvre.



14 years later, the details are pretty hazy. I remember we bought groceries from this market (bread, cheese, wine) and had a pain in the ass trying to checkout and pay. No one spoke English and our cards weren't working, etc. And then later we had the wine in our hotel room but no corkscrew, so I'm using a pen to open it and getting pieces of cork in the bottle.

We discovered what Paris Syndrome was two days in because it wasn't living up to expectations. But if we could do it over now, I would do less museums, more experiences like the River Seine cruise and do more research about what to eat and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment